No longer must we tread lightly when descending to the basement or ascending to the main floor. The dangerous half of the stairway is repaired.
The bathroom is essentially complete. Only a few small finishing touches and touch-ups remain.
All done with setting tiles! Also test fitted the new vanity and installed the faucet.
No edging bullnose yet and lots of high-up-on-the-wall work to do, but some progress…
Drywall is up, sanded, taped, sanded, mudded, sanded, primed, and painted.
Kerdi is up in the shower, Ditra is on the floor.
Shower is about half tiled.
Yesterday was a long day. After a trip to Home Depot at 0800, we got to work fixing the plumbing first. By 1900 the new subfloor was finally in.
- The sillcock was just a bonus because the floor was up. I tried to unscrew it from the outside but ended up twisting apart the copper pipe instead. That’s okay, we didn’t need that one anyway. I cut and capped its supply pipe.
- The new shower valve body was soldered into place (14 solder joints!) and checked for leaks. Repaired a leaky joint (twice) and now all is dry. Still have to pressure-test the tub spout and shower head joints before putting up the Kerdi board. The tub/shower faucet (and matching sink faucet) hardware is Kohler Mistos in polished chrome.
- The shower head was a standard 72″, but still too short for anyone over 5’6″. I added another foot in height so the water will fall on my head and not on the lower part of my face.
Stuff that isn’t there anymore:
- light fixture
- plastic shower wall coverings
- some sort of pressboard drywall covering, multiple layers
- tile on wall
- unusable drywall (rips, holes, glue, paint, water damage, mold)