In all ways that matter, we are alone.
We may walk with others
We may laugh with others
We may talk with others
We may cry with others
These externalities do not define us
They reflect us.
Who cares to know another soul
To express earnest interest in the inner workings of an( )other?
For some this is not reality
But it is mine
And for that it is all of yours.
I am miserable. Here’s why:
- This Sunday I got sick. Not cold sick but fever, chills, mucus, coughing, bedridden sick. I took Monday off. I took Tuesday off. I took Wednesday off. I went back to work yesterday. I’m still coughing. It won’t go away. I have no energy. I can’t even get a hug without coughing.
- My mom is out of town so she left her dogs with me. Maya is level 10 A++ neurotic and Dulci has agression problems and EPI that has not yet stabilized.
- Surprise! $300 for cTLI/cobalamin/folate blood test and enzymes for Dulci that I wasn’t expecting.
- I have to figure out how much of what food to give Dulci and with how many enzymes of what type to mix in and how long to incubate them so she gets better.
- Did I mention that Dulci doesn’t get along with other dogs? That leads me to:
- I can’t see my girlfriend because she has a dog and Dulci does not get along with her dog. I have spent exactly 1.5 hours with my girlfriend since Monday morning. She graciously agreed to come over for a few minutes a couple nights this week.
- We have a rehearsal for Camelot on Sunday night (7-10pm nonetheless!!) and I have barely even looked at my music.
Had I not taken Dulci she would have been put down because of her health and behavioral issues. I had no choice but to take her, but in doing so I isolated myself from the woman I love.
So to sum up, I’m sick and still coughing and don’t have the energy to take care of a neurotic whiny dog and a sick angry dog that keeps my girlfriend away from me, and I have no support because my mom is out of town.
Plus my house lacks things like a TV and a bed.