New Bathroom 3: New Shower Valve Body, Subfloor

Yesterday was a long day. After a trip to Home Depot at 0800, we got to work fixing the plumbing first. By 1900 the new subfloor was finally in.

  • The sillcock was just a bonus because the floor was up. I tried to unscrew it from the outside but ended up twisting apart the copper pipe instead. That’s okay, we didn’t need that one anyway. I cut and capped its supply pipe.
  • The new shower valve body was soldered into place (14 solder joints!) and checked for leaks. Repaired a leaky joint (twice) and now all is dry. Still have to pressure-test the tub spout and shower head joints before putting up the Kerdi board. The tub/shower faucet (and matching sink faucet) hardware is Kohler Mistos in polished chrome.
  • The shower head was a standard 72″, but still too short for anyone over 5’6″. I added another foot in height so the water will fall on my head and not on the lower part of my face.
Advertisements

Author: PhilRW

software engineer, pianist, polymath

2 thoughts on “New Bathroom 3: New Shower Valve Body, Subfloor”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s