Just like Doc and Marty, I’m doing a little science experiment of my own. It could also end in a spectacular exploding train wreck. I’m going to try integrating my blog, Twitter, and Facebook. These things should happen:
- Posting in my blog should create a new twitter post with a link to the new blog entry, and Twitter should update my Facebook status accordingly.
- Posting in Twitter should create a new blog entry and update my Facebook status.
- Changing my status in Facebook should update Twitter and create a corresponding blog post. Facebook should not be able to update Twitter ’cause Facebook kinda sucks.
If it doesn’t go as planned, here is what could happen:
- Twitter and my blog could get stuck in a feedback loop where they don’t recognize which service created which update and consequently destroy each other.
- Facebook could not be able to update Twitter. Confirmed: at this time the Twitter for Facebook app is only unidirectional.
- My blog could crash and burn, exploding in a gigantic fireball that takes seven years’ worth of posts with it.
- Nothing at all could happen.
So here goes nothing… I’m about to press the Publish button… in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…